scan by @_ninni
A final word with… Adam Lambert
“I love Robyn!”
When Adam Lambert was visiting Sweden, it goes without saying that GLAZE was there to chat to the superstar. Here, he tells us about his love of Sweden, his shopping addiction and what it feels like to be recognized everywhere.
Hi Adam! What do you think of Sweden?
– I love Sweden and I’ve been here a couple of times before. But every time I come here, I’m so busy working that I barely have time to go outside. But the people here are very nice.
Do you know your Sweden?
– No, not really, but if you quiz me then I might know a thing or two…
Does IKEA sound familiar to you?
– Yes, absolutely! I know of a bunch of artists and producers as well, like Max Martin who I have worked with. And Robyn, I love her! I actually listened to her when I got ready today, I thought that was fitting. I’m in Stockholm and I’m listening to Robyn, you know.
Do you have any idols?
– Michael Jackson, he is a big idol. And I love Madonna. As well as Freddie Mercury and David Bowie. I like them because they have made really good music but also because they are people who stand for their opinions. They are unique and different.
What do you do in your spare time? If you have any…
– I’m kind of boring actually. I watch movies, go shopping… I have a shopping addiction!
Do you cook your own food and clean?
– I often cook food, but I have a cleaning lady who comes by once a week. It’s the only extravagance in my life, everything else I do myself.
Like buying toilet paper?
– Yes, I buy toilet paper. I go to the store myself and buy the groceries.
Do people recognize you when you’re out and about?
– Yes absolutely, in L.A. Sometimes they don’t care at all, and sometimes they care way too much.
Is that tough?
– It’s only tough when it becomes a heated atmosphere. If people say hello it’s more than fine but if they start acting weird, I get uncomfortable.
How were you in school?
– I was a nerd! I was a geek, but I wasn’t shy and I was both seen and heard. Kind of like now, haha! I think that you adapt to the cool kids in school and act in a certain way in order to be liked. I never knew how to do that. I still don’t know how to, haha!
What makes you angry?
– I don’t like injustice, double standards and dishonesty. I want things to be fair, honest and equal.
And what makes you happy?
– Freedom. To be able to speak out, to be who I want to be. I like people who do what they want and don’t care what other people think. That’s inspiring. What else? Clothes… and ice cream also makes me very happy, but I try to not eat it that often, haha!
QUESTION FROM THE READERS
Do you have any famous friends?
– I’m friendly with many famous people but I’m not friends with anyone. I thought it would be that way when I became famous, that it was like a tiny club you joined, but that’s not the case. I think many celebrities don’t want it to be about their fame and therefore, they keep their old friends close. Many of my closest friends are people who I knew from before, they keep me grounded.
original article by Pearl Åkesson (@PearlAkesson)
translation by @HellOnHighHeels & @Dilerius